Sunday, April 29, 2007

The River Wild

Hi, new computer, new keyboard, now the apostrophe is gone and has
been replaced by the bracket; quotes are still MIA. I don{t plan on
spending my whole vacation on email, but I yesterday was fun, and
interesting. My sister left
Cuzco to return to Bolivia a couple
days ago, so without a fluent tour guide in the area I decided to do
some river rafting on the Chucysaca? Anyway, I arrived to join the
rafting trip and met the other members of my trip, 6 israelis.
There was a set of triplets which
made it totally impossible for me to retain any of their names, two
other girls - hammone and mahore, and a guy named Ron.

They all spoke English well, but didn{t seem to have a whole of interest in doing so. So in the
few short conversations I had with them I understood that they had
all just finished their military service and were taking time before
university to travel the world. I asked them
what they thought of the wall being built in their country, and
their immediate response was [we came here so we don{t have to think
about it[ and I left it at that.

My day was a lot of fun, the triplets who were in my boat were a lot
of great. I was initially upset because the rapids we were going to go
through were a low class three and so not too difficult, however
when I fell out of the boat and found myself trapped underneath it
for a few seconds, my adrenaline got going, and I stopped being
pissed about the trip not being exciting enough. At the end
of the day we ate lunch and were given access to hot showers (which is
a rarity around here).

I met them later that evening at a dance club, and that was pretty
fun, though they didn{t really want to talk a whole lot.

See ya,

Will

No comments: